Combining extensive experience in private investment banking with that of directing, operating and advising in the property and casualty insurance industry, OFF&V’s services encompass strategic alliances (joint ventures), mergers, acquisitions, and capital generation focused on achieving superior outcomes through objectively identifying, evaluating, and maximizing alternatives, with a minimum of distractions to our client. Serving both companies seeking opportunities and those having received proposals, OFF&V’s services include, as appropriate:
- Establishing Objectives: clarifying and prioritizing the objectives for the proposed “transaction” (capital generation, alliance, merger or acquisition) and the desirable attributes of possible “partners”.
- Candidate Identification and Evaluation: identifying and applying the objectives to the universe of potential candidates, including preliminary discussions conducted in a discreet, confidential manner without divulging the identity of our client.
- Communication: assistance in articulating strategies, experience and opportunities, and communicating (through a Confidential Descriptive Memorandum and otherwise) in terms familiar to property and casualty insurance company executives and investors with insurance company experience, including appropriate financial projections.
- Maximizing Benefits: employing marketing and negotiating strategies to maximize competition for a transaction with our client.
- Negotiations: with credibility and expertise resulting from a wide variety of experiences, OFF&V has the ability to identify different options in order to mitigate conflicting objectives.
- Valuation: from a variety of perspectives, including as a joint venture partner as well as in a traditional merger and acquisition environment.
- Regulatory and Rating Agency Considerations: assistance in clarifying and evaluating regulatory issues and the reaction of insurance company rating agencies, and the flexibility to structure arrangements to minimize possible adverse reactions.