OFF&V offers Management and Boards of Directors the opportunity for an independent, unbiased review of reinsurance programs, options and related issues. (OFF&V does not engage as an intermediary in the reinsurance market and has no conflicts of interest based on agreements with either companies or intermediaries). When appropriate, traditional reinsurance arrangements are treated as one of several options available to the company to increase the capacity to write and retain business. The services are designed to increase the comfort of Management and the Board that opportunities have been reviewed and evaluated. OFF&V’s services include:
- Review of Existing Program: programs are evaluated from the perspective of our client’s overall strategy and objectives and include an assessment of both the financial and nonfinancial net benefits and costs.
- Alternative Reinsurance Structures: an identification and review of alternative program configurations, including all terms and conditions.
- Assistance in Marketing: including establishing specifications, determining the qualifications required of potential sources of proposals, and evaluations of competing proposals (including both the characteristics of those making proposals as well as the structural features, terms and conditions).
- Dispute Resolution: negotiating on behalf of our client to achieve an attractive settlement, including commutation agreements.
- Review of Nontraditional Alternatives: recognizing other approaches to increasing the capacity to write and retain business, including capitalization options.